Ninety-four percent of customers say the service influences repeat purchase decisions.
Today, 88% of customers say the experience a company provides is as important as its products or services, and 94% say service influences repeat purchase decisions.
High-performing service organizations use field service management to drive innovation and reduce costs.
Research shows that 80% of high performing field service organizations use artificial intelligence (AI).
also: One bad experience is all it takes to lose a customer
Here are three important field service trends based on Salesforce’s state of service research:
- Field service is a major revenue channel. Companies across industries are looking at field service as an emerging revenue channel. Eighty-six percent of decision makers in field service companies believe that it is critical to grow the business.
- Field service innovations increase operational efficiency and save costs. It’s not enough to simply provide field service – high-performing organizations increase productivity and save costs when they equip teams with the right technology. Ninety-eight percent of field service management software users give it a productivity advantage.
- Through innovation, field service organizations deliver better customer outcomes. Mobile workers are your brand ambassadors and are often the only human your customers see. 65 percent of mobile workers feel the weight of customer expectations, more than any other type of service worker.
Here are 5 key tips for high performing service provider organizations:
- Companies see the value of strong field service as a source of new revenue. Research shows that 86% of decision makers consider field service teams important to business growth, and 52% of high-performing mobile workers say management views customer service as a source of revenue. In fact, 69% of high performing organizations track revenue generated from field service.
- Virtual service enables cost savings, increased customer satisfaction and sustainability. The report found that 40% of service volume is now virtual, avoiding 1 million truck rolls annually. The research highlighted specific customer cases where almost 30% of all service cases were managed.
- Field service management tools are the key to productivity success. Research shows that 98% of mobile workers who use field service management attribute it to productivity benefits.
- High-performance field service teams use artificial intelligence. Nearly 8 in 10 high-performing field service teams use AI, compared to 62% for underperforming teams. High-performing field service teams also use chatbots (78%), workflow automation (83%), and automated transcription of telephone conversations (80%). Technology Improves Field Service Satisfaction – 93% of mobile workers in high-performing organizations say job satisfaction is a key benefit to field service management – productivity, schedule improvement, job satisfaction, and managing unexpected situations.
- Workflow automation provides significant productivity gains. The research found time savings (95%), the ability to focus on individual customers (94%), time needed to complete new projects (94%), contact with other departments (93%), and reduced errors (92%). The main benefits have been to automate the work flow.
The field service management market is expected to grow to an estimated $8.06 billion by 2028. In a hyper-connected knowledge-sharing economy, where customers and businesses embrace a digital engagement strategy, field service professionals must adopt a mobile, intelligent, personalized, and fast-track system to solve rules the game.
also: How a stressed-out tech pro can save a customer more time
An excellent field service toolbox should also include the AI-powered applications that enable field service organizations to deliver value at the speed of need. Businesses utilizing AI-powered field service delivery capabilities are more likely to win the battle — the battle for customer retention, customer love and endorsement, and the battle to win business in the future. A customer company is a company that provides the best customer care. And the best customer service in today’s economy is backed by intelligence and real-time personalization at scale.